Sunday, August 3, 2008

New Places and New Faces

I am really bad at blogging. I sit down to write something and as usual the children need or "want" something and then when I go back...well the moment or the thought has passed. But tonight I am sitting in a hotel room with the children in the background playing and Anthony watching TV and I am going to get something written.

We have moved to Virginia. I am going to be walking in the Washington DC Breast Cancer Walk on October 3rd, 4th and 5th. The Army has taken us from the Atlanta area and I am just blessed that the walk is happening here as well. I have to figure out a training walk where I can feel like I am not going to get mugged or something. I think for now until I learn the area a bit better I am just going to be doing my miles on the treadmill or in the parking lot of my gated community apartment.

We are grateful for the support that we have received thus far in the fundraising efforts and we are so grateful that we are nearly to our goal. I can't believe that we have been able to raise the money. I am humbled by the generosity that people have shown. What a wonderful tribute to all of those people that I am walking for and all of those that are touched by this awful disease in some way. I am amazed at how many people I have come in contact with that have had someone they have known that has been affected by breast cancer.

Thank you again for your support and love. We walk for those that have been affected and pray that walking and raising this money will help those that we love that they will not have to worry about this awful disease.

Walk On Friends -- Walk On!

No comments: